THE TOWN OF Canmore has approved the extension of Spring Creek Drive to the Traffic Circle on Bow Valley Trail. Part of Spring Creek’s long term master plan, underground infrastructure such as sewer and water will be updated, roadways will be aligned and brought to grade, and landscaping and streetscaping will be brought to Spring Creek’s standards from Main St. to the Bow Valley Trail roundabout.
After a temporary closure, both Main St., and Bow Valley Trail roundabout roads are open into Spring Creek. You will notice some early cycling lane improvements on the Spring Creek Gate bridge. Road construction will continue within the development.
We will have started the final Phase III, closing the road at White Spruce Lodge to install sanitary piping and manholes, road structure, and underground services. In order for this to happen, Spring Creek Drive will be blocked off at Seniors / CML for a while as the construction is underway.Vehicles & bikes may use Streamside Lane and Creekside Mews detour routes.
Why are the roadways being restricted?
- Spring Creek is excited to be moving into the next phase of the overall development and the completion of Spring Creek Drive on the south side of the property as part of this phase
- The internal road closures must take place now as the utilities companies need to put in the deep services including water, sewer, gas & utilities (power, Telus & Shaw)
- The deep utilities will tie into the 2nd phase of the overall development and will provide services to the next two condo buildings including White Spruce Lodge and Jack Pine Lodge
- This is also our main gateway into the Spring Creek neighbourhood and the road will now match the Main Street entrance into the community
How long is Spring Creek Drive accessed from the Bow Valley Trail roundabout / bridge going to be re-directed?
- The hard main entrance road closure of the Spring Creek roundabout and Spring Creek Gate bridge is completed
- The continuing roadway construction will result in internal neighbourhood road closures for up to 3 months
- The deepest installation of the services (water, sewage and storm) is directly from the bridge going towards White Spruce Lodge
How do I access the RV Park, Spring Creek Administration, mailboxes, and mobile homes in the south section of Spring Creek?
- In consortium with Canada Post, the mailboxes were moved to the green laundry building (middle of camp sites). They will be moved to their permanent site as soon as it is accessible and safe
- The administration building is accessible from Bow Valley Trail (roundabout) entrance and Main St. entrance via temporary road access as outlined. Please follow the road signage
- RV access is recommended via Bow Valley Trail (roundabout) entrance. Please follow the road signage
What About the Construction Traffic?
- Throughout construction, traffic control measures will be in place to manage traffic flow in the area. Access may be occasionally redirected with temporary roads.
- Residents adjacent to the construction area may experience short periods when crews will need to limit access. We will work closely with those affected and provide as much advance notice as possible.
- Traffic impacts will be minimized as much as possible, however, please plan for some delays and travel carefully through the work zones.
How can I connect with the Spring Creek Sales team?
- Ross Jansen and Ann Ricord are located at the Temporary Sales Office at Creekstone Mountain Lodge – #713, 707 Spring Creek Drive – Phone number is same – 403.678.6066 1-855-678-6066
- The Sales Centre building was moved to a new location because utility companies need to access the site that is adjacent to the Mineshaft Tavern
- The new location of the Sales Centre building up on a prepared pad because this is actually the official grade of the new Spring Creek Drive road which is 5-6ft (1.5 m) higher than the original mobile home & RV park road
- The proposed road foundation grade will eventually meet the Sales Centre pad as construction moves from the bridge towards and in front of White Spruce Lodge
How long will it take to complete Spring Creek Drive from Spring Creek Gate?
- The full completion will take approximately 3 months, to late June or July, to complete the new Spring Creek Drive from Bow Valley Trail and Spring Creek Gate
- The new road improvements will include sidewalks, bike paths, landscaped areas and light standards lining the new boulevard
Street Name Change:
- Spring Creek Drive will now be continuous from Main Street right up to the roundabout on Bow Valley Trail / Route 1A
- Spring Creek Gate will form the new road to be built heading West on the property – future development
Questions or Concerns: